Devotional thoughts on the relentless pursuit of God

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Innocence.

     I will wash my hands in innocency; so I will compass thine altar, O Jehovah;
     That I may make the voice of thanksgiving to be heard, and tell of all thy wonderous works.
     Jehovah, I love the habitation of thy house, and the place where thy glory dwelleth.
                                          Psalm 26:6-8  

     Jesus tells us that it is the pure in heart who will see God (Matt 5:8). The Psalmist desired the presence of God above all else (Psalm 27:4). He understood that the stain of sin would mar that fellowship he sought after. His desire was to remain separated from all that defiled, and to live in the presence of God, in  adoration and thanksgiving, in awe of His glory.
     
     "Father God, may we like the Psalmist, desire you above all else. May we dwell in innocence all the days of our lives, in the glory of your presence."

No comments:

Post a Comment