Devotional thoughts on the relentless pursuit of God

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Patient Trust.

     My soul, wait thou in silence for God only; For my expectation is from him.
     He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my high tower; I shall not be moved.
     With God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
                                          Psalm 62:5-7

     It can be difficult to wait in silence for God when in the midst of difficult circumstances. We tend to want to do things our way, and in our own time. 
     We can learn a lesson from the life of Abram. The promise of an heir seemed our of reach, so at Sarai's urging, he took Hagar, his wife's servant, and she conceived and bore him Ishmael. However he was not to be the child of the promise. By taking matters into their own hands, instead of trusting in God, they faced some unwelcome consequences to their actions (Genesis 16:1-15, 21:8-21).
     True faith is a faith that endures, even in silence, when it seems that God is not doing anything. If we hold fast, we will see the salvation of the Lord. He is indeed a rock and a high tower of defense for those who wait for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment